Earned Value Management
Antwerp - Berchem
15 October 2019
A powerful way to deliver insight into the actual progress within projects is the Earned Value Management (EVM) method. EVM is an international standard method combining both time and cost. Through this transparent method you can capture and evaluate your project progress and financial health. In this module, concepts, calculation methods and Best Practice reports of EVM will be discussed. This module is a follow-up to Project Cost Planning & Control, allowing you to further your competences and knowledge within this particular field.
Discussed subjects are:
- Vantages and motivations of EVM
- EVM definitions (planned value, actual costs, earned value etc.)
- EVM calculations and graphs
- Interpret and use EVM indexes (CPI, SPI) to take actions
- Use EVM as a forecast for further project development
- Organizational processes required for EVM
A general background in project management and experience in a planning tool is recommended. Knowledge of statistics and probability calculations are an advantage but not necessary. It is recommended that the participant has followed the training Project Cost Planning & Control.
After completing this training, participants will receive the Primaned certificate associated with this training.