Project Controls Inspiration Day
Vorige dinsdag organiseerde Primaned Belgium onze Project Controls Inspiration Day. In deze blog blikken we terug op wat we deelden en leerden tijdens dit event. Deze blog is Engelstalig.
Stijn Van de Vonder kicked off the event with the latest trends in Project Controls. At Primaned Belgium we believe that we have 5 challenges within project controls to face in the near future:
- Convince stakeholders that for project controls to create true value, a mentality shift towards collaboration and transparency is required.
- We need to find new project controls techniques and better ways to integrate existing techniques. Primaned reaches out to the academic community to collaborate on this topic.
- We must adopt new technology. Investment in project management software development is booming, but the adaption is slow. Future leaders have to invest now.
- We must reach our hand to the BIM community. We are convinced that this community has common goals, but also that we as project controls community can add great value to BIM.
- We need to keep investing in educating people to become true project controls professionals. Training is still very much on the job and more formal education is a must.
The second story of the day was a reference story. Special thank you again to Dimitri De Suraÿ and Simon Fourmentin for sharing SPG Dry Cooling’s innovative story on how they’ve successfully implemented Oracle Prime (soon to be called “Oracle Primavera Cloud”). SPG Dry Cooling took a leap of faith when choosing Prime as their project controls solution and will continue to be a reference as an early adopter of Prime.
Next, Abdallah Baydoun showed how simulation modeling can help optimize your project. Simulation modeling will help you to
- understand the system, its excellence and limitations;
- experiment the system with different strategies;
- analyze the system and its responses;
- identify the system needs in line with the company’s overall strategy and
- most importantly, optimize the system.
The optimization of the system will result in minimize expenditure / maximize profit, minimize waste (Lean), buffer (risk) control, better investment decisions and avoiding conflict / disputes.
In the following presentation Gert Truyens and Niels Ligtvoet explained how Time Location Diagrams can serve as an alternative schedule visualization method. They summarize location and timing information in one page, thus creating a high-level overview which can be suitable for different roles in the project.
We ended the day with a more technical presentation by Matthias Van Campen on Primavera P6 Analytics and Oracle Business Intelligence Entreprise Edition (OBIEE). With both programs having so many options to analyze your project, you will confidently take your project analyses to a next level.
This customer day was – as always – an excellent opportunity to meet likeminded professionals and firm believers in project controls. We awarded 3 special people for their efforts as a data driven project manager, a project controls innovator and a project controls champion.
We hope we have inspired you to continue to invest in Project Controls and continue to choose Primaned Belgium as your independent and trusted advisor.
We will keep investing in emerging trends and technologies.
We will keep sharing our knowledge because we need believers and advocates of Project Control.
For more inspiration, read our blog.